Sunday, January 26, 2014

Mermaid Ruffian Manicure

Purchased by Me

Aloha! I'm here in the southern United States freezing my butt off, wishing I was far, far away in Hawaii. However, all the cold has given me time inside, which is perfect for manicuring my nails! (Wewt for finding the positive!)

 Today I have a Ruffian manicure to share with you all. If you are interested in the tutorial that inspired me, you can find it here. Which is actually the original tutorial by a Ruffian stylist!



For my polishes, I used Zoya Charla as the blue and Zoya Dove as the neutral gray.


If you watched the video by now, you'll see they used special stickers that they sell. I didn't use them but instead I used regular old paper reinforcers to create the curve. However, I did use the same method, I first created the lower curve by painting two careful layers of the blue, then removing the sticker. Finally, I added two coats of Dove by carefully pushing the polish up to the curve line of Charla. Then I topped it off with a coat of SV.


I decided to do something a little different on my thumb, so here you have it! I moved the sticker a little to the left in the corner to create some visual interest and show a little more of the lovely Charla. 


Doesn't that blue just shine! Gawsh, I feel like I have mermaid fingers. (My fiancé called it a "zombie manicure," but I have no idea why. Does he think Zombies have blue blood? I don't question his bizarre comments.) What do you think of the color combination? Have you ever done a ruffian manicure? Did you use the same technique or did you do the base color first, then add the accent?
Tell me in the comments!

♥ Pooka

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it!!! Imma have to try this method one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was really easy, just took a little time because each color needed two coats! The effect was so fun though, and I received so many compliments. :)

      Delete

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!