Sunday, January 5, 2014

Invisible Manicure and "Free" Zoya


Hello! I hope everyone had an awesome holiday season. I for sure enjoyed my break, but I'm still not ready to go back to work tomorrow, then school starts back the week after. Ugh. But in some exciting news, I made myself a lightbox! I'm still in the trail phase of using it, but overall i'm pleased with the picture quality. In all honesty, I'd prefer to use outdoor lighting, but often that's not an option, so I'm hoping this will help when I'm to busy to get pictures during the day!

Here is a simple stamped manicure that I did over winter break. I chose to coordinating colors, Zoya Bevin and Zoya Zuza. These colors were in part inspired by one of my stamping idols Wacky Laki, she always has the best stamping colors! Here is a link to her stamped manicures, take a look!

Lightbox
I really tried to get colors that coordinated as well as hers, but I think mine blend too well. It was honestly hard to see the design! I stamped with MoYou Suki 05 with the geometric design. I was hard for me to use this one, although it's absolutely lovely, I always seem to gravitate towards floral over geometric. 

Indirect Sunlight
For the base and the top coat I used the Zoya color lock system which I am trying out so I can do a thorough review on! So far, I seem to like it. The picture above is the morning after I painted my nails and the first picture is four days later... So I seem to be getting some good wear out of the color lock system. :) 

Lightbox
Here's one more picture with the light box, what do you think? Do the pictures seem better than previous posts? More even lighting? Let me know! :)

One last thing before I go! Have you ever used Zoya polishes? Did you know they are 5 free? Free of all toxins found in regular polishes, they are also vegan and cruelty free! This week is a great time to try their polishes, they are giving away 3 "free" polishes, all you pay is $12 for S&H. (yes, I understand that this isn't really free, but considering that they sell for $9-$10 a piece, it's still a good deal at only $4 a polish.)

I am not afiliated with Zoya in any way, I just really like their polishes, so if you want to check them out, head over to Zoya.com and pick your 3. The sale starts on 1/7/13!

♥ Pooka

4 comments:

  1. I really Love that color!! And the pictures look great. I'm still in the process of finishing my light box. And the mani is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gisela! The pictures have even been improving since these too, it's all just practice for me.

      Delete
  2. I'm a big fan of tone-on-tone stamping and I love this mani. I did one last year with Zoya Wednesday stamped with Zuza that I loved! I think Wednesday may be a bit lighter. I took advantage of the Zoya promo - love them all. I own more Zoyas than any other brand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I think Wednesday is a little lighter, too. And I think I own more Zoyas than any other brand. They do so many promos, it's really hard to not want them all! I've become an addict, what can I say? :)

      Delete

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!