Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Freehand: Complimentary Colors


When I started blogging about polish, I started looking for resources of other nail polish lovers. That's when I found Facebook groups! Yes, if you didn't already know, there are a plethora of nail polish related Facebook groups! A new one was formed recently called "Freehand Nail Art." Although I'm not entirely talented with freehand, I felt like the group would inspire me to practice more, and if nothing else, I'd see some awesome art! Well, I was right, and the group started a weekly challenge to share their art! The first prompt was Complimentary Colors. This means opposite colors on the color wheel. Such as blue and orange, red and green, or in my case, pink and light green! (With a touch of yellow.)

Right hand
The base is OPI My Vampire is Buff (one of my go-to nail art base shades.) The rest was created with acrylic paint and the bundle monster nail art brushes.

Left hand
The funniest part to me is that my right hand turned out prettier than my left! I think it's because I have to concentrate SO hard to get straight lines on my right hand that I end up taking my time.

Right hand
 So this design is super simple, though very reminiscent of my FIRST freehand nail art years and years ago. (When I was about 12 years old!) I did a simple vine/dot flower manicure, and it was the shizz. (According to my other 12 year old friends.)

I have tons of room for improvement, but it was fun to practice and participate in a challenge! I can't wait to paint the prompt for next week - Animals!

♥ Pooka

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the flowers came out so lovely. Very pretty color combination too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alexa! Loved your design too! Can't wait to see yours for next week's prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I'm trying to practice more freehand, so hopefully it will be improving! Manases, do you write a blog too?

    ReplyDelete

Getting comments makes my day, so please don't hesitate to share on any post! I just ask that you please be respectful and don't leave any links.

If you want to me to take a look at your blog, email me at PolishedPooka@gmail.com!